I want to make you stronk!
I love to see odd-jobbers grow up big and stronk (well, at least, “stronk” for whatever particular odd job you may be playing…)! I’m using this thread as a more organised way to offer my help to odd jobbers. The content of this thread only really applies to you if:
- You are playing some kind of odd job (duh).
- You are an off-island member of the Suboptimal alliance (including members of Oddjobs and Flow).
I can help you out with items, including equipment, potions/consumables, and — if applicable — ETC items (read: quest/crafting items).
You may borrow equips that I have; I keep a bunch floating around, so just ask me if I have any that are applicable to your use-case. Some equipment may be cheap enough that I just give it to you for keeps, or some might be “to borrow until you replace it or otherwise have no use for it”. I’ll try to keep a little list of items given/rented, but I’m a bit poor at keeping track of this kind of stuff, so oh well:
- maebee is borrowing a scrolled Maple Soul Searcher.
- gogigagagigo is borrowing a 2 WATK, 7 DEX, 0 slot PGC.
- drainer is borrowing a 100 WATK, 7 STR, 0 slot White Mop, is keeping a 95 WATK, 3 STR, 0 slot White Mop, and is borrowing a 6 DEX, 2 SPEED, 15 JUMP, 0 slot pair of Silver Strap Shoes.
Potions are usually taken as a given; as long as you have a sufficient quantity of HP potions, and of MP potions, you’re generally good to go. But, there are cases where:
- You’re not sure which exact type of HP/MP potions you should be (most efficiently) using, or you can’t easily access the ones that you need.
- You just can’t afford the HP/MP potions that you need. This happens especially often with characters that have high MAXHP/MAXMP, and/or are doing special things like PG training.
- You need help with special kinds of potions, like ACPs, WATK/MATK potions, WACC potions, AVOID potions, etc. Some are difficult to access, or you may not know which ones to make use of. Making good use of these kinds of potions can improve your character’s playability tremendously.
Plus, there are other consumables and USE items like archery ammunition, throwing stars, bullets, Summoning/Magic Rocks, etc.
If you need ETC items, like for crafting or a quest, just ask if I have any, and I can check. If I don’t have any (or don’t have enough), I can help farm the item, if necessary.
If you want to party up — to grind, to help complete a quest (especially difficult quests that require killing tough monsters, and/or large quantities of monsters), to whatever — I have a number of characters that may be of assistance. For clarity, my IGNs are:
- cervid (STR bishop)
- capreolina (woodswoman ranger)
- cervine (I/L magelet)
- hydropotina (swashbuckler)
- rusa (darksterity knight)
- hashishi (besinner)
- alces (daggermit)
- dama (brigand)
- potpan (F/P mage; MPQ mule)
- sorts (DEX brawler; LPQ mule)
- sets (assassin; OPQ mule)
And if you wanted to know their levels, you might use the rankings.
At some point in every chraracter’s life (odd-jobbed or otherwise), they must helmet it up. Particularly, I’m talking about:
I’m intentionally not including any Tar helms here, because they are just too pricey for what they’re actually worth. I recommend getting any one of the other helms above, instead.
If you are high enough level to equip the helm that you want your character to have (≥50 for Zak helm, ≥70 for Rav helm*, ≥80 for Scar helm), I can help you get it. For Zak helms, I can help pay for a run (or pay for the entire run) if you need to buy an AFK run, and I can possibly help with the prequests as well. For Scar helms, the prequests require significantly more combat prowess, so you may want help with that, depending on your job/level. And I can help pay for a run there, as well. For Rav helms, runs are not paid (you should be able to tag along and loot dolls free-of-charge), but the prequests are a pain in the ass, and you have to do a repeatable quest for each attempt that you make (Rav helms are awarded randomly) after the first 2(?) attempts. So I can help with Rav quests, and if you are having trouble finding Rav runners, I may be able to help with that as well.
*Two of the lesser Rav helms have different level requirements: ≥50 for one of them — but I think(?) the prequests require level ≥70 anyways — and ≥90 for another.
Door me up, Scotty
I have a STR priest by the name of cervid, and thus have access to Mystic Door. If you need help getting to/from a place, I may be able to door you. Particularly, getting to The Door to Zakum may be difficult or impossible depending on your job/level.